Company Website Design Preparation and Planning
A web site is an ad that is international, hence business website design preparation and planning requires a mixture of several abilities: business acumen, visualization, advertising knowledge, ingenuity, technical know how, etc. Hoping to be excused by critics, I might dare to compare the entire website design procedure with “wine making” which involves planning, assembling the choicest grapes, fermenting, maturing, bottling, advertising and selling the merchandise. The internal satisfaction felt by way of a wine maker when he watches the wine mature before his eyes is like the pleasure felt by way of a web designer when he observes his endeavor evolve.
“Preparation is half the game” in virtually every region of life and thoroughly planning a website design is totally critical because of its success. Having been for quite a while in the industry, frequently I have discovered that web designers spend a while finding template concepts & adversary sites and after that instantly begin making the home page. It is a frivolous, just presentational approach that does not reveal the net architect in a good light. In this article we are going to examine some important measures of website design preparation and planning that can lead to an international standard, user-oriented business website.
1. (Warren Buffett time) The CEO standpoint: Read the information / content of the business and interact with their CEO / marketing head to acquire an understanding of site design requirements and their business. Create what I call a “CEO sheet” and note down the info they give you. What exactly does the business wish to achieve through the site? Which services, products or ideas do they want to emphasize? What regarding the brand image and customer focus of the company’s? Naturally business, more business, yet more company would be thought about by a CEO. While understanding the company’s company outlook remember the customers who allow the business to exist. Your website design planning should concentrate on building a business that is enduring through the website, not just rapid fortune.
2. (David Ogilvy time) The Advertising view: Mental gymnastics is just not effortless but for those who possess a strong imagination you may have the capacity to comprehend many focus regions of the institution’s advertising department. If possible, meet with the Advertising Head. In the event the business does not have a dedicated PR / advertising department attempt shifting the questions in the CEO sheet from “what/which” category to “how”? Believe HOW you may make use of the website design to boost awareness of products that are most important, the best way to create a great reputation, how to enhance customer perception etc.? Jot down all with this to the 2nd website design preparation sheet – “Advertising Goals Sheet”.
3. Assess (not perspective) design and functionality of adversary sites to assess their weaknesses and strengths. Look at the navigation, organization, performance, customer impact etc. and record what they are doing well and tips on how to do it better. Create a table with attributes as opponent names and rows as headings. Then jot down your perspectives about each feature in the relevant boxes.
4. (Srinivasa Ramanujan fashion) Dream time: By now your should have some notion regarding advertising strategies and the business aims that your website design will incorporate. You also know what your website is going to be competing against. Imagination is the true measure of intellect. Dream till you start to feel the delight that indicates you’re becoming close to finishing your website design prep or fantasize about your website design. Compare your dream picture with hard business facts and mould the website design emotionally.
5. (Common Man Time) Be thy customer: This could very well be the single most important factor in planning and website design preparation. Customers’ web site experiences not change brand satisfaction but also translates into sales. Envision that you visit the site that you have emotionally visualized. Would you feel at home with the website’s colours, usability, functionality, personalization, degree of aesthetics, detail, speed and security?
6. Leonardo Da Vinci Time: Mental refinements can only go thus far. It is time to amalgamate the mental imagery more concretely. I’ve often stressed upon website designers to draw their notions on paper with colored pencils before beginning their preferred editing software. It enables free company expression without constraining your suggestions to tool limitations. Draw, refine and redraw your concept. Refer to the Marketing, CEO and Competitive Analysis sheets often. Stop only when you are satisfied that all the mental exercise you have done in the aforementioned steps is nicely represented in your drawing. Now look at the internet designing applications that you will want yourself and consult your internet programming team seeing databases, scripts as well as other technical necessities of the website. I firmly suggest discovering alternative strategies or expanding familiarity with tools rather than completely distorting your drawn theory due to software restrictions. The solution will present itself if you strive hard enough.
7. (Sherlock Holmes Time) Step Down: Sherlock himself was intensely attentive to the ability of detachment and did play with the violin at odd hours. A well-rested free mind is a weapon that was powerful. Release all ideas related to web site design for a little while and do something else. Following a brief total break begin designing your site.
Names have been mentioned previously for a rationale. The more astute website designer can read about them on a holiday to get insights into outlooks that are necessary or in free time.
Gift fuels fire. Many would be inclined to think that after spending so much time and energy on website design groundwork and planning, would one have enough left for executing the same. The conscious and sub aware are both much more strong than we comprehend. You may pleasantly surprise yourself when occasionally the whole website design planning takes a few hours. One last word: Remember when your creation is entire to savor and cherish it.